Smoked Southern Pork Chops
4 pork chops
3 hours, 20 minutes
- Brine Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup of salt
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of ice water
- 4 farm raised pork chops
- Rub Ingredients:
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 1 teaspoon each of garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon each of cumin and chipotle pepper
- For the brine:
- 1. In saucepan, combine salt, sugar and 2 cups of water. Cook on medium heat until salt and sugar are dissolved.
- 2. Remove from the heat and add the 2 cups of ice water.
- 3. Add chops to the brine and completely cover (either in a large bowl or a resealable plastic bag.
- 4. Refrigerate 8-12 hours.
- Add the rub:
- 1. Combine the rub ingredients.
- 2. Remove chops from brine and discard brine.
- 3. Rub the seasonings on both sides of the chops.
- 4. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 5. Smoke them on a low heat for about 3 hours. (Mesquite wood is wonderfully complementary to this rub!)